BLUFThe US is unlikely to supply Ukraine with long-range Army Tactical Missile Systems (ATACMS) to battle Russia as it believes recent Ukrainian gains indicate that Ukraine already has sufficient capability to achieve its goals.
Tanmay Kadam writing in the EurAsian Times, makes the following points:
- ATACMS Missiles
- Mach 3.5 speed and is almost impossible to intercept.
- 300km range.
- $1 mill each and currently not in production.
- HIMARS fired GMLRS rockets.
- 84 km range.
- $160,000 each.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- THE 2022 RUSSO-UKRAINE CONFLICT 03: COLLECTION - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- THE 2022 RUSSO-UKRAINE CONFLICT 02: COLLECTION - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- THE 2022 RUSSO-UKRAINE CONFLICT 01: COLLECTION - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- AUG 2022 Ukraine lures Russian missiles with decoys of U.S. rocket system-Washington Post
- SEP 2022 Russia warns US not to provide longer-range missiles to Ukraine-ALJAZEERA
- SEP 2022 Fact Check: Did Russia Claim it Destroyed 44 HIMARS Launchers in Ukraine?-Newsweek