BLUFAn Australian company Drone Shield has developed effective drone countermeasures.
An Australian company, DroneShield, has developed and can manufacture effective drone countermeasure equipment. There is a growing market for drone countermeasures. Authorities worldwide are concerned that terror groups can buy or manufacture drones from components purchased on the web. These drones can have a significant capability and are completely untraceable. The recent conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan has also highlighted the catastrophic effect drones can have on armoured vehicles and infantry. Another potential problem is the ‘lone wolf’ terrorist, using a drone to inflict damage and death without the terrorist risking their own life.The equipment that DroneShield has developed detects a drone’s signal, disabling and safely forcing the drone to land. Being able to force a drone to land without damaging the drone could provide valuable intelligence about the drone and its mission.
- Drones 01: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- APR 2021 POPULAR SCIENCE The US military is testing a microwave anti-drone weapon called THOR
- May 2021 OHIO UNIVERSITY 7 Pros and Cons of Drones and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- May 2021 PAX Use of military drones in Africa sharply increases
- May 2021 AIRFORCE TECHNOLOGY Initial operating capability for swarm drone technology could be achieved in less than ten years: Poll