BLUFMore South Australian regional electric vehicle charging stations should help alleviate people's concerns (range anxiety) about recharging their electric-powered car on long journeys.
This article about electric cars in SA makes the following points:
- Sales of electric cars (EV’s) are increasing in South Australia but off a low base.
- Range anxiety, supply and price main issues.
- Regional area charging stations should boost sales.
- Supply issues due to chip shortages and countries with better incentives are more attractive to manufacturers.
- The South Australian Government wants all new vehicles to be electric by 2035.
- Some motels provide charging stations.
- Many new cars ‘fast charge’ to about 80 per cent.
- Car dealers predict the cost of EV’s should fall.
- Basically, without the servicing costs, EV’s are very cheap to run.
- South Australia’s proposed 2.5 cents per kilometre tax on EV’s should cost most people around a couple of hundred dollars per year.
- Jan 2019 Parliament of Australia Senate Select Committee on Electric Vehicles
- Oct 2021 ABC News Waiting for cheap petrol a thing of the past for Australian drivers switching to electric cars
- Nov 2021 the Guardian Thinking of buying an electric car? Here’s what you need to know about models, costs and rebates
- Nov 2021 VOA Australia Plans Electric Car Boost With 50,000 New Home Charging Stations