Ten ways that if applied, can help you to improve your communication skills.
Journalist Hannah Kingston argues that by being proactive, and applying the following suggestions, you can become a better communicator:
- First, you have to learn how to listen.
- Avoid long emails—call instead.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- If you are running a meeting, then produce and follow an agenda.
- Take action notes and send them out to attendees.
- Be concise.
- Deliver your ideas in a logical sequence.
- Maintain a task board so that everybody can see what they have to do.
- Let people know if they are good or bad communicators.
- Be willing to give and receive feedback.