BLUFChina is dependent on the US for access to advanced semiconductor chip technology—the US restricting China's access to US chips is likely to have a significant effect on China's economy.
This article by Jonathan Last, writing for The Bulwark, notes the following:
- Any item manufactured using US advanced chips cannot be sold to China or Chinese-controlled companies :
- The US is viewing China as an adversary
- US restrictions will severely affect China's ability to build an advanced semiconductor industry
- It is likely to impact China's industry and its military.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- As U.S. eyes new China chip curbs, turmoil looms for global market – The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Australia’s semiconductor moonshot – The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web :
- OCT 2022 Biden Administration clamps Down On China’s Access to Chips – NYTimes
- OCT 2022 U.S. aims to hobble China's chip industry with sweeping new export rules - Reuter