BLUFEthical leadership and why it is important.
John Heiser, CEO of LabVantage and former President/COO of Magnetrol, discusses the importance of ethical Leadership. Worth noting that the ADF stresses the importance of ethics in its definition of Leadership:
Leadership. The process of influencing others to gain their willing consent in the ethical pursuit of missions. ADDP 00.6 Ed 2 Para 1.3
Mr Heiser breaks down the components that make for an ethical leader. For instance, engaging in a dialogue with individuals and being willing to communicate with the employee base is fundamental to ethical Leadership. Communicating with employees should also help the leader understand the context in which the organisation operates. Covid-19 has demonstrated that leaders and managers also need to be able to adapt quickly to deal with new situations and challenges.
- Nov 2016 TED TALK Alexander Wagner What really motivates people to be honest in business
- June 2019 TEDX Shefali Roy Why do ethics matter?
- Sep 2017 The Observer President of Magnetrol International discusses values-driven company culture
- June 2020 MLO CEO uses scientific data to drive better outcomes in the lab of the future
- Dec 2017 TEDx Talk Harald Port Corporate Culture – Leader’s Secret Asset
- 2019 SHRM In First Person: John Heiser
- Mar 2020 B2U Hersey and Blanchard Situational Leadership Model: Adapting the Leadership Style to the Follower
- June 2020 GRC Top Tips to Encourage Ethical Behaviour in the Workplace
- 2020 Nov Indeed Work Ethic Skills: Top 8 Values to Develop
- Nov 2020 SECED Covid-19: Why we need ethical leadership more than ever – and what it looks like
- 2021 Notre Dame Deloitte Center for Ethical Leadership Collection of Articles