This article claims that most businesses embrace a digital future; those businesses who don’t will struggle—unless they change and also adopt a digital future.
Encouraging leaders to think of the transformation to digital as something more than just another business challenge is just the start. A total culture shift is needed to produce a genuine transformation. To help executives engage with this new reality, this article makes four recommendations:
- Name What Is At Stake. Knowing which aspects of identity are at risk in a certain situation is the first step in getting to a place where identity threats no longer undercut your effectiveness.
- Evolve Your Identity. Embracing the concept of an evolved identity makes an individual more robust and resilient.
- Acknowledge and Solve for Interests. Feeling paralysed by such a profound change is understandable, but leaders need to break down strongly-held positions to understand the interests underlying them.
Finally become a learner noting that everyone needs to accept a digital future.
- Feb 2021 Enterprisers Project Digital transformation: Leadership imperatives for 2021
- Mar 2021 HBR Is Your C-Suite Equipped to Lead a Digital Transformation?
- Mar 2021 Impact 5 Change Management Strategies for Digital Transformation
- Jun 2021 Quixy Top 9 Skills a Digital Leader must have in 2021
- Jun 2021 CIO Australia What is digital transformation? A necessary disruption