Scientists have taught Artificial Intelligence to engage in deep learning in the same way that human babies learn.
This article by Monisha Ravisetti, writing for CNET, makes the following points:
- Human intuition has up to now denoted a barrier between humans and artificial intelligence (AI).
- It's why we have gut feelings and reactions that appoear to be unexplainable in logical terms.
- Intuitive thinking would appear to be almost impossible to replicate in an AI.
- Researchers have developed an AI that can learn intuitively.
- This AI can learn 'intuitive physics'—a common sense understanding of the physical laws that govern how the universe works.
- It has been named Physics Learning Through Auto-encoding and Tracking Objects (PLATO).
- The scientists say they are addressing the gap between humans and machines by drawing on the field of developmental psychology.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web: