BLUFFollowing a criminal data breach that has exposed millions of Australians’ personal medical information, the Australian Government is going on the offensive against cybercriminals.
This article by Mamoun Alazab, writing for The Conversation, makes the following points:
- The task force will be a permanent collaboration between Australian Federal Police and the Australian Signals Directorate.
- It will involve 100 operatives using the same cyber weapons and tactics that cybercriminals use to hunt them down.
- Boosting Australia’s cyber defences should be the Government’s top priority—more so than retaliating.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- NOV 2022 Australia unveils joint cyber police taskforce to 'hunt down' hackers—Reuters
- NOV 2022 ‘Hack the hackers’: New joint taskforce will hunt down cybercriminals—SMH