BLUFBoth still led their parties, had the respect of their nations and chose their own time to leave. They were both regarded by many in their electorates ass possessing integrity, compassion and being approachable.
Rainbow Murray writing in the Conversation makes the following points:
- Sturgeon is the first woman (and longest-serving) first minister of Scotland.
- Ardern is the first New Zealand leader (and second globally) to give birth while in office.
- They both resigned voluntarily.
- Many political commentators think that women in public life tend to be judged more harshly than men.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- JAN 2023 Jacinda Ardern: New Zealand PM quits citing burnout-BBC News
- FEB 2023 First Ardern, now Sturgeon: leaders echo ‘dehumanising’ pressures-the Guardian