Russia is using the gas it supplies to western Europe as an economic weapon, causing severe economic disruption and making Europe rethink its dependence on Russian gas.
This article by BBC News notes the following:
- Nord Stream 1 is: Russia's largest gas pipeline to Europe
- Typically supplies European Union states with about 35% of all the gas they import from Russia.
- Russia is restricting supply via Nord Stream 1.
- Nord Stream 1 was damaged in September.
- Russia wasn't directly blamed.
- European Countries are minimising gas dependency.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web :