BLUFKey components for the F-35 central fuselage will be manufactured in Australia—the Australian government supports local production for strategic and financial reasons.
Colin Clark writing in Breaking Defense, makes the following points:
- Northrop manufactures the centre fuselage section for all three F-35 variants.
- Israel and Sweden (each with about half our population) have world-class defence industries.
- South Korea quickly developed a defence industry worth about $16bn this year, including $1bn for the Australian Army.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- Nov 2022 Quickstep Seals New 6-Year F-35 Deal- Australian Aviation
- Nov 2022 Northrop Grumman Taps Quickstep for Australian-made Components to Support F-35 Program-Northrop Grumman News