BLUFNorthrop Grumman plans to deliver the first of Australia's three MQ-4C Triton UAVs in mid-2024, with the second and third to follow in the same year. All three are in the Multi-Int configuration, which adds a major signals intelligence capability to the aircraft's other sensors.
This article by Greg Waldron, writing for Flight Global, notes the following:
- The RAAF needs at least six or seven Tritons to conduct ongoing operations in two separate areas.
- The Triton concept of operations calls for one aircraft in the area of responsibility, one flying to the area, and one returning from the area, with a fourth aircraft in maintenance.
- Northrop Grumman plans to deliver the first of Australia's three MQ-4C Tritons in mid-2024, with the second and third to follow in the same yar.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- 03 MAR 2023 Royal Australian Air Force Reactivating Squadron to Operate New MQ-4C Tritons - USNI News
- 06 MAR 2023 Australia Announces Formation of MQ-4C Triton UAS Squadron - Seapower (seapowermagazine.org)
- Article Source: FlightGlobal | Pioneering aviation news and insight
- Media Check: Flightglobal: Contact Information, Journalists, and Overview | Muck Rack