BLUFThe adoption of digital and technology initiatives within the workplace must be matched by the development and skilling of the workforce if the organisation is to attain productivity, profitability and capability.
Digital transformation is happening at an unprecedented rate. According to Tech Radar, businesses increased their spending on digital and technology initiatives by 65% in 2021 alone.
Businesses/organisations must have an accompanying skilled workforce to adopt new technology successfully.
Traditional approaches of providing training with legacy software and hardware that is slow or complicated to use are no longer viable as employers need to start investing to help employees work smarter – not more challenging, in intuitive tech such as:
- Conferencing systems with high-quality video and audio
- Quality personal devices and hardware to perform to the best of employees' ability
- Devices that are seamless to start using – for example, wireless headsets
- Easy onboarding and one-click connections
- On-demand tailored online learning options
- Artificial Intelligence Viewfinders
- Artificial Intelligence-powered whiteboards
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- The future of digital work relies on people, not just technology Did someone drop a zero? Australia’s digital economy budget spend should be 10 times bigger – TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
- 7 Steps to Tidying Your Digital Life – TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
- Living in a Digital World: the Good and the Bad – TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
- The future of digital work relies on people, not just technology – TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
- Using Technology To Drive Skilling And The Post-Pandemic Recovery– TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web :
- MAR 2021 Digital Transformation Skills Strategy – Australian council for Adult Literacy
- MAR 2022 In Training We Trust: Reskilling And Digital Transformation – Forbes
Source Information Tech Radar
- Article Source: Tech Radar
- Media Check: About Us - Tech Radar
- LEARNING OUTCOMES—RUNWAY | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)