BLUFImages show the Moon tinged red and gunmetal blue (its true colours) as it faces Earth.
Clare Watson writing in Science Alert makes the following points:
- Two hundred thousand images taken over one night were assembled like a mosaic.
- Proof that quality images are still possible without using space-based telescopes.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- AUG 2022 How 2 astrophotographers teamed up to capture a stellar image of the moon-NPR
- AUG 2022 Astrophotographers Andrew McCarthy and Connor Matherne outdo NASA with 'ridiculously detailed' Moon shot-ABC News
- AUG 2022 Two astrophotographers have captured "the most ridiculously detailed" photo of the moon-CBS News