BLUFScientists genetically modified malaria-spreading mosquitos to deliver vaccines through mosquito bites—to date, this method has a fifty per cent success rate.
- Mosquitos would be used in a controlled manner.
- A large-scale release would require medical and bioethical consent.
- More research is needed.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Bio-electronic face mask can detect COVID-19 in real time, scientists say- The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- PNG and Fiji were both facing COVID catastrophes. Why has one vaccine rollout surged and the other stalled? - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- SEP 2022 A box of 200 mosquitoes did the vaccinating in this malaria trial. That's not a joke!-NPR
- OCT 2022 Scientists tricked 200 mosquitoes into delivering malaria vaccines to humans-Times of India.