COVID 19 has made working from home commonplace; therefore, you must get the right set-up for your home office.
This article notes that working from home has benefits as follows:
- It’s easy to maintain a work/life balance.
- Save money and time by not having to commute.
- Possible tax deductions.
- Employee retention.
But it has pitfalls if you don’t set some rules; note the following:
- Set up a room in the home as a dedicated office.
- Let everybody at home know that this is your working space, and they should try to avoid interrupting you when you are at work.
- Dress as if you were going to the office.
- Create a working routine and stick to it.
- Have group chats with colleagues.
- Follow set KPIs.
- Identify what’s effective in your work office and apply in your home office.
- Be aware of your background on video calls.
- Take regular breaks
- Don’t stay in the office all the time.
- Avoid having a TV or distractions in the office.
- Don’t be ashamed if working from home is not for you.
Remember that what works for one person may not work for another.