We all want to work for someone who inspires us, and inspirational leaders can help bring out the best in us.
Leadership coach Kathy Lockwood discusses the growing importance of Inspirational Leadership. Most employees want to work for a leader who inspires them, and Lockwood details six qualities to be found among inspirational leaders:
- They are calm in stressful situations and face challenges calmly and will work with their team members to find solutions.
- They show their human side and demonstrate an interest in the people on their teams and are there for them during tough times.
- They listen for meaning and will pause before responding.
- They are resilient and look for ways to adapt to the situation instead of blaming a team member.
- They show integrity and live their values.
- They develop talent and provide employees with opportunities to grow.
- Aug 2020 EHS Today Inspirational Leadership in a Crisis
- Sep 2020 Performance Advisory Group The Difference Between Good Leaders and Inspirational Leaders
- Feb 2021 Indeed How To Practice Inspirational Leadership
- Feb 2021 Thrive Global How to Become an Inspirational Leader
- Feb 2021 Gallup Successful Leadership: Create a Vision Through Inspiration