BLUFThe Swedish Archer is a highly accurate turret-mounted Bofors FH77 155-millimetre howitzer fitted to a modified armoured Volvo heavy-duty dump truck needing a crew of four.
David Axe writing for Forbes, makes the following points:
- Able to depress its NATO standard 155-millimetre gun parallel to the ground to take on tanks etc.
- Includes a remotely-operated machine gun for self-defence.
- The three shells provide “multiple-round simultaneous impact.”
- Ukraine already uses French Cesar, Slovakian Zuzana and Ukrainian 2S22 howitzers.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- RUSSIAN-UKRAINE CONFLICT—RAAF RUNWAY COLLECTION
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.
References from the Web:
- JAN 2023 Sweden to send Archer artillery system to Ukraine- Politico
- JAN 2023 Sweden, Britain and Denmark pledge arms to Ukraine-Le Monde
- Article Source: Forbes
- Media Check: Forbes - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)