BLUFTwo men have been jailed after being found guilty of providing illegal hosting services for cybercriminals.
This article makes the following points:
- A US judge has sentenced two men for operating a bulletproof hosting service used by cyber-criminals to deploy malware, including Zeus, SpyEye, Citadel, and the Blackhole exploit kit.
- The defendants ran a network of cyber-criminals worldwide and provided them with a haven to conduct their illegal activities.
- These proceedings prove that anyone who engages in criminal cyber activity can be brought to justice.
- Bulletproof hosting providers may host malware, explicit abuse material, or e-commerce platforms offering criminal hacking tools, drugs, and weaponry.
- This hosting service enabled cybercriminals to defraud financial institutions and other victims, leading to the theft of millions of dollars and the creation of botnets.
- The defendants also helped their clients evade detection.
- Those who provided the hosting service may face up to 20 years behind bars.
- Dec 2020 The Hacker News Cybercriminals' Favorite Bulletproof VPN Service Shuts Down In Global Action
- Jan 2021 Recorded future Bulletproof Hosting Services Essential for Criminal Underground Security and Anonymity
- Mar 2021 INTEL471 Here’s who is powering the bulletproof hosting market
- Aug2021 AUSSIEHOSTING What is Bullet-Proof Hosting?