BLUFThe author of this article explains, in simple terms, what a ‘wormhole’ is and how if they exist, they might be used.
This article by Dejan Stojkovic, writing for The Conversation, makes the following theoretical points:
- As space-time is bent, a wormhole—theoretically—might be able to provide a tunnel through the universe.
- A wormhole—if they exist—might make interstellar travel possible without contravening the cosmic law that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.
- At the moment, there is no evidence for the existence of wormholes.
References from the Web:
- JAN 2021 Wormholes may be lurking in the universe – and new studies are proposing ways of finding them—The Conversation
- JUL 2021 The hunt for wormholes: How scientists look for space-time tunnels—Space.com
- FEB 2022 What is a wormhole?—Science Focus