BLUFThe role of middle managers, once desired, is increasingly sandwiched by achieving the executive bottom line and balancing the rapidly changing employee expectations, all within a challenging and deteriorating economic environment.
This article by Julia Herbst, writing for the Fast Company, makes these points about middle managers:
- Middle managers play a crucial role in most workplaces:
- The job has gotten harder since the pandemic.
- Employees have these increasing challenges and workplace expectations for the manager to satisfy.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- 5 Skills that Should be a Part of Every Manager's Training – TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
- How to Be a Supportive Manager When Times Are Tough – TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web :
- FEB 2022 Why middle management is so exhausting, and what to do about it – BetterUp
- JUN 2022 Managers have been living in a pressure cooker. Many have had it - CNN
Source Information Fast Company
- Article Source: Fast Company
- Media Check: About Us/Fast Company
- LEARNING OUTCOMES—RUNWAY | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)