The writer of this article claims that the 2021 Russo–Ukraine conflict is the first example of a fully-fledged cyberwar.
- Cyberwar involves state-sponsored actors.
- It supports an overall war effort.
- There are seven different classes of malware and denial-of-service (DoS) attacks that target telecommunications, oil and gas terminals etc.
- Although not traditionally regarded as a cyberwar, information operations weaponise public information.
- Businesses can suffer collateral damage by being associated with one side by doing business in the region.
Source Information: The Hoop News