BLUFThe US-India relationship is vital for the future of technology as India becomes a promising alternative to China in supply chains, innovation hubs, and joint ventures.
Hemant Taneja and Fareed Zakaria, writing in Harvard Business Review, make the following points:
- India's growing population and strong economic growth could make it a valuable partner for the USA.
- The globalization of supply chains for most consumer goods will remain the same.
- However, technology supply chains will likely be restricted to trusted partners.
- Technology platforms will probably be divided into two zones—the United States and China.
- India needs to choose whether to prioritize technological collaboration with the US or China.
- In January 2023, the United States-India initiative on Critical and Emerging Technologies came into force.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- FEB 2023 US and India to boost defense and technology cooperation as China threat grows-CNN
- FEB 2023 iCET: Strengthening the India-US Tech Agenda – the Dipolmat
- FEB 2023 The Quad’s role in tech diplomacy- the Strategist
- MAR 2023 Amid growing global isolation, Russia looks to focus on new areas of technology-ET Government.com.