BLUFThe UK has suffered considerable turmoil over the last few years, which has made it difficult for businesses to plan ahead. However, recent UK research shows that digital skills—vital to business success—might have been neglected. Worth considering whether any of these findings apply to Australia.
This article written by Stuart Munton for the Institute of Engineering and Technology makes these points about digital skilling:
- 61% of UK business growth depends on digital outcomes
- More than half (58%) of workers say they have not received any digital upskilling.
- There is a lack of clarity on what ‘digital skills’ are required.
- This lack presents a further barrier to closing the digital gap
- Ultimately, digital upskilling is a vital component in future business success.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- To Master The Shift To Digital, Leaders Need To Change Themselves – The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- The future of digital work relies on people, not just technology – The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web :
- MAR 2022 Digital Skills in Australia – Amongst the fastest growing – Job Market Monitor
- Accessed NOV 2022 The digital skills gap – Hays