BLUFThe human element is essential in cyberdefence; however, humans can also be a significant problem when they do not take cybersecurity seriously.
Danny Connelly writing in Federal News Network, makes the following points:
- 88% of breaches in the US are caused by human error.
- Cybercriminals offer “phishing-as-a-service,” providing everything needed to launch a large-scale phishing attack easily and quickly.
- Technology leaders must educate their teams on the risks posed by the human element in cybersecurity.
- The role each person plays in upholding cyber-security protocols must be emphasised.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- OCT 2022 Indigenous health organisation probes possible cyber attack-ABC News
- OCT 2022 The safest and most dangerous countries when it comes to cybersecurity- 9 News