BLUFThis article by two senior RAAF Warrant Officers—Ken Robertson and Tina Hill—puts forward a fascinating argument about the future role(s) of contemporary Warrant Officers.
Ken Robertson and Tina Hill, in this article, do the following:
- Describe how the rank of Warrant Officer evolved.
- Argue that more consideration needs to be given to the potential social influence of the Warrant Officer on the wider workforce.
- That the use of social influence as a component of modern warfare means the role of the Warrant Officer in the social sphere becomes increasingly important.
- Describe the most critical role of the modern Warrant Officer as 'the voice of the enlisted'.
- Provide a thought-provoking discussion regarding how the role of the modern Warrant Office is evolving into that of a 'generalist culture practitioner'.
- Article Source: The Forge
- Collections | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- ADDITIONAL READING RAAF RUNWAY (PME)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC