BLUFThe Avalon air show in Australia is taking place at a critical time as Indo-Pacific nations are forming partnerships and strategies to counter China's military and diplomatic buildup.
- US and Australia identify China as the main threat in their key defence strategies.
- The AUKUS Agreement highlights a growing coalition against China and promises cooperation on emerging technologies.
- Contractors are recruiting at the air show, with BAE Systems seeking 6,500 workers for its Australian facilities.
- The air show has a record number of exhibitors and delegations, with a strong US presence showcasing aircraft such as the F-35 joint strike fighter and Triton MQ-4C high-altitude UAV.
- Drones 01: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Avalon 2023 Collection
- AIR AND SPACE POWER: COLLECTIONS | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- 24 FEB 2023 Gallery: 2023 Avalon Airshow preview (theage.com.au)
- Article Source: National Defense Magazine | NDIA's Business & Technology Magazine
- Media Check: About National Defense Magazine | Small Wars Journal
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.