BLUFCOVID-19 has caused an unprecedented disruption in education worldwide, resulting in much greater reliance on technology; however, educators need to be aware of technologies' strengths and limitations.
- Teachers are ingenious at finding ways to support students from a distance.
- Access to resources and technology differs widely.
- Distance learning was more immersive with new ways to support it with a broader range of resources and strategies that should help to enable student success and wellbeing.
- There is no substitute for person to person human connection.
- As people and organisations rely on technology, innovations will emerge, including new machine learning applications and tools for working in the cloud.
- We are all affected by education changes, whether through professional development, developing courses for others or supporting homeschooling.
- Understanding technologies limitations, as well as its potential, should help in achieving successful learning outcomes.
- TRAINING AND EDUCATION (Military Focus) COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Mar 2021 OECD Adult Learning and COVID-19: How much informal and non-formal learning are workers missing?
- Mar 2021 National Education Association. Overview: Hybrid Learning Models
- Apr 2021 Top Universities. Why Hybrid Learning Teaching Might Be Future of Online Courses