BLUFOver the next ten years, QANTAS intends to recruit over 8 500 personnel, putting pressure on an already overstretched sector in which Defence is a significant competitor for recruiting high-level technical and cognitive skills.
This article by Adam Thorn, writing for Australian Aviation, makes these points:
- Qantas plans to set up a new engineering academy that will train 300 people each year from 2025
- In 2020 QANTAS made 8 000 staff redundancies and outsourcing jobs.
- Longer-term investment in people skills coincides with a major fleet renewal program.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- The Three Critical Skills You Must Develop For The Future Of Work – TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
- The jobs employers just can't fill – TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web :
- MAR 2023 Own Qantas shares? Here’s how the ASX 200 airline plans to grow – Motley Fool
- MAR 2023 QANTAS REVEALS PLANS FOR OVER 8500 NEW HIGH-SKILL JOBS – Travel Weekly