BLUFCovid has resulted in virtual meetings becoming an essential part of how we do business; however, by applying a set standard set of protocols, we can ensure our virtual meetings are more effective.
The effectiveness of virtual meetings depends upon participants being courteous and professional. This article suggests that the following tips can help make meetings more successful:
- Give yourself at least 15 minutes to test technology.
- Check for updates and functionality of programs and apps etc.
- Know the virtual meeting dress code. Virtual meetings require professional attire.
- Muffle the surrounding environment. Think about ambient noise sources.
- Put your clutter away. It can be distracting and label you as untidy.
- Banish scene-stealers. Children, pets and partners can be a major distraction.
- Take five minutes to prep your digital workflow. Locate relevant files and resources beforehand.
- Mute your microphone. The mic is sensitive to all noise
- Become a uni-tasker. Shut down browser tabs and concentrate on the subject at hand.
- Look into the camera. Making eye contact is an integral part of virtual body language.
- MAR 21 Virtual Meeting Etiquette Tips Every Professional Should Know | Cvent Blog
- SEP 21 How To Utilize Body Language In Virtual Meetings | Hive
- NOV 21 --9 Virtual Meeting Etiquette Tips for Your Next Zoom Call (teambuilding.com)