BLUFIn a break from tradition, Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) members are now allowed to grow and wear beards.
This article by ABC-Australia makes the following points:
- Chief of Air Force, Air Marshal Rob Chipman, said changes were made to the Air Force Dress Manual (AFDMAN) as Air Force continued to ‘evolve and modernise’.
- Any facial hair must allow for health and safety requirements to be met and for a professional appearance to be maintained.
- Beards must be kept neat, with a minimum bulk of 4mm and a maximum of 5cm.
References from the Web:
- NOV 2022 RAAF Lifts Beard Ban – But Fuzz Must Be Groomed—Australian Aviation
- NOV 2022 The RAAF has lifted its longstanding ban on beards — but only for facial hair that is groomed—Defence Connect