BLUFThe German Air Force will participate in Exercise Pitch Black in its largest ever peacetime deployment.
- Germany will deploy six Eurofighter Typhoons, three A330 tankers and four A400M transports.
- The flight to Australia will involve almost 200 mid-air refuellings.
- Will use international civilian air traffic routes avoiding the Taiwan Strait.
- Will travel via Singapore, Japan and South Korea.
- This deployment is part of Germany’s increased focus on the Indo-Pacific.
- This deployment signals German support to its Pacific partners.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- AUG 2022 After Hydraulics Issue Delay, Germany’s Commemorative Eurofighter Heads For Exercise Pitch Black-OVD
- AUG 2022 Exercise Pitch Black begins in Darwin after COVID hiatus, with Germany, Japan and South Korea joining for the first time- ABC News
- AUG 2022 German Air Force to join Australia’s Exercise Pitch Black for first time-Aerotime Hub