BLUFRolls-Royce considers this an important step in the de-carbonization of the airline industry, with flight testing of the technology planned for the near future.
This article by Nick Lavars, writing for New Atlas, makes the following points:
- The tests took place at the UK Ministry of Defence’s aircraft testing site in England.
- The testing involved using a converted Rolls-Royce AE 2100-A aircraft engine.
- A spokesperson for Rolls Royce said the company was ‘pushing the boundaries’ to help reshape the future of flight.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Australian researchers claim ‘giant leap’ in technology to produce affordable renewable hydrogen | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- NOV 2022 Rolls-Royce, EasyJet fire up first hydrogen-fuelled jet engine—The Register
- DEC 2022 Rolls-Royce Tests Aircraft Engine That Runs On Hydrogen Fuel—World of Aviation