BLUFAdvanced microchips drive economic and scientific advancement as well as military capabilities; therefore, the US is investing in the manufacturer of microchips within the USA.
This article by Suranjana Tewari, writing for BBC News, notes the following:
- The US is the major developer due to its strategic alliances with manufacturers like Taiwan
- The US is investing heavily in the manufacture of microchips within the USA.
- China is expanding investment and support for chip production as a national priority
- The US announced sweeping controls over buying and using Chinese microchips.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Why the World Is Short of Computer Chips, and Why It Matters – TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
- The great chips war – TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web :
- SEP 22 How the US is trying to maintain dominance of the advanced semiconductor industry and limit China's ability to develop its own – ABC News
- MAR 22 The Semiconductor Race is On! – Machine Design
- Article Source: BBC News
- Media Check: BBC News - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC |