BLUFThis article suggests ways to identify people who self-promote and show off when, in fact, they lack the talent to do what they claim they can do.
This article by Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, writing for Fast Company, makes the following points:
- Failure to ensure that talented leaders end up in powerful positions explains why many nations need to be better led.
- People who tend to boast and show off tend to crave approval, recognition, and validation.
- One reason for bragging is that people rarely dispute claims as much as they should.
- Research shows that fooling yourself is the best way to fool other people.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- JUN 2022 10 Red Flags to Watch Out for in a Job Interview—HBR
- JAN 2023 4 Red Flags In A Relationship—And How To Spot Them—Forbes
- Article Source: https://www.fastcompany.com/
- Media Check: Fast Company - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com) MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.