BLUFThe online landscape is a playground for ‘digital pirates’ who send out billions of messages and social media ads every day in the hope of finding vulnerable people to fall for their scams.
This article from Microsoft makes the following points:
- Phishing scams come in many forms, e.g. spear phishing and whaling attacks.
- Tens of thousands of people fall victim to these schemes every day.
- You can protect your personal information by knowing what to look for.
- Knowing the latest phishing trends will help protect you from getting lured in.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- MAY 2022 Cybercriminals target metaverse investors with phishing scams—CNBC
- NOV 2022 A Boiling Cauldron: Cybersecurity Trends, Threats, And Predictions For 2023—Forbes