Article notes employees do not like being monitored, and though companies can monitor people doesn't mean they should—especially if they want to keep them.
- Australia is a world leader in employee monitoring technology.
- Employees can counter monitoring technology by keeping the keyboard and mouse active even if they are not using them, for example:
- Using a fan and a coat hanger.
- Placing a mouse on glass.
- Use a hairpin to keep the keyboard active.
- From an employer's perspective, it might be better to address underlying cultural issues by talking to employees.