"Cryptomnesia" is when somebody uses another person's idea because they have forgotten whose idea it was in the first place—it's not deliberate plagiarism, and usually, a simple reminder can correct the mistake.
- Recognize the ethical issue.
- Gather information.
- Identify those who stand to benefit.
- Identify alternative actions.
- Compare alternative actions.
- Implement action(s) and monitor outcomes.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
Source Information: Psychology Today