BLUFThe Australian Army is testing a quiet, electric Bushmaster protected vehicle that should have the potential to enhance force capability.
Richard Wood writing in 9 News makes the following points:
- The 4 x 4 Bushmaster protected vehicle is designed to deflect explosions away from its passengers.
- It should provide better performance than the existing Bushmaster.
- Made by Thales in Victoria.
- Army trials should enhance Defence- industry innovation and enhance existing capability.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Electric Motorcycles And NLAW Missiles: How Ukraine Kills Russian Tanks - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- In electric-powered laser test, Navy shoots down cruise missile analog - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- MAY 2022 20 More Bushmasters Gifted To Ukraine-AuManufacturing
- AUG 2022 Electric Bushmaster could secure the combat vehicle's future in Bendigo and lock in local jobs-ABC News
- AUG 2022 Bushmaster goes electric: Australia unveils silent, electrified personnel vehicle-the Driven