BLUFThis article argues that banned mobile phone jammers are a public safety issue and can interfere with other forms of communication.
This article makes the following points:
- Mobile phone jammers are illegal in the US (and Australia, except in some prisons).
- It can send out a stronger signal than a phone tower.
- Radio Frequency (RF) signal is used.
- There are no bars on a phone when it’s being jammed.
- Unable to make emergency calls.
- Illegal to sell, distribute, advertise, import, or market in the United States (and Australia).
- Cell phone detectors are legal in the United States and used in Australia.
References from the Web:
- JAN 2022 Use of Signal Jammer to Prevent Employees from Using their Phones at Work Results in FCC Fine | Smith, Gambrell Russel
- FEB 2022 A Father Who Used A Signal Jammer To Keep His Kids Offline At Night Now Faces Jail Time | HotHardware
- Link to Source: Company blog About Cellbusters - Cellular Device Detection & Security
- Learning Outcomes: LEARNING OUTCOMES-RUNWAY | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)