BLUFMore and more signs point to China being under-prepared to compete with the USA.
This article by Craig Singleton, writing for Foreign Policy, makes the following points:
- China’s economy, long in decline, is now in freefall—thanks to Chinese leader Xi Jinping’s mismanagement.
- There are strong indications that China has entered a prolonged era of slow growth and that China’s meteoric rise—fuelled by annual GDP growth above 6 per cent—now appears over.
- China’s fizzling economy may soon undercut the CCP’s ability to wage a sustained struggle for geostrategic dominance.
- This year, the U.S. economy is forecast to grow faster than China’s for the first time since 1976.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- China could end up debt-trapping itself with its $2.3 trillion gamble to revive its economy | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- MAR 2022 Revising Down The Rise Of China—Lowy Institute
- MAY 2022 ‘Do whatever it takes’: Beijing urged to act as China’s economy falters—The Guardian
- MAY 2022 How Xi Jinping is damaging China’s economy—The Economist
- Article Source: Foreign Policy
- Media Check: Foreign Policy - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC |