BLUFThe Australian government plans to offer scholarships to young people who want to be engineers or even nuclear scientists.
A concise article from the Mandarin noting the following:
- Defence Minister Peter Dutton says that the planned acquisition by Australia of eight nuclear powered submarines will create thousands of jobs.
- Australia's submarine acquisition program might provide a good example of strategic leadership in action.
- The government indicates that the scholarships to help develop the skills defence needs should be finalised in 2022.
Note other Runway posts related to the Australian nuclear submarine acquisition project.
- AUKUS and Submarines: The Fallout for France | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Why is Southeast Asia so concerned about AUKUS and Australia's plans for nuclear submarines? | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Here's why the news about Australia getting nuclear submarines with the help of the US and UK is a big deal | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- What are nuclear-powered submarines, anyway? A guide to Australia's looming military addition | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
The Runway Content Aggregator also provides links to articles related to the trilateral security pact between Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States (AUKUS).
- DEC 21 Growing a technologically-advanced country: Defence nuclear science and engineering scholarships | Department of Defence Ministers
- DEC 21 Implementing Australia’s nuclear submarine program | The Strategist (aspistrategist.org.au)
- DEC 21 Australia promises jobs to workers stranded by scrapping of French submarine deal | Aukus | The Guardian
- Home | Submarine Institute of Australia