BLUFAustralian soldiers, mainly from the 5th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment, who have been deployed on Operation Kudu, have taken responsibility for its first company of Ukrainian recruits as part of the UK-led and based training program.
An Australian Government Defence release notes that:
- The Ukrainian company of nearly 200 recruits received their initial training from the 1Bn Irish Guards.
- The rest of their training will be conducted by Australian soldiers as part of Operation Kudu.
- Ukrainian recruits have advanced their training in both urban and wooded environments.
- Training will include tactical care of combat casualties, mine recognition and further field exercises.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- 14 OCT 2022 The British military is giving Ukrainian civilians a crash course in soldiering : NPR
- 17 JAN 2023 Operation Kudu' marks shift in Australian support for Ukraine, from material aide to training - ABC News
- Article Source: Home | Defence
- Media Check: Official Australian Government information
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.