BLUFIndia becomes the sixth nation to build and launch an aircraft carrier—the Indian Naval Ship Vikrant (‘victorious’ and ‘gallant’). It’s the largest ship ever designed and built by India and has 76% local content.
Snehesh Alex Philip writing in 'the Print' makes the following points:
- Unrefuelled range- 13,900 km.
- Top speed -28 knots.
- Total of 30 fighters and helicopters.
- STOBAR (short take-off and arrested landing) system.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Lightning carriers’ could be lightweights in an Asian war. | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- A Tale of 2 Navies: Reviewing India and China’s Aircraft Carrier Procurement - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- SEP 2022 INS Vikrant: Why India’s aircraft carrier is no match for China-AlJazeera
- SEP 2022 India launches new aircraft carrier as China concerns grow-DefenseNews
- SEP 2022 India Commissions Latest Aircraft Carrier-the Diplomat
Source Information: The print
- Article Source: https://theprint.in/
- Media Check: About Us/The Print
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC |