BLUFNATO's airborne warning and command aircraft enhance Ukrainian capability through round-the-clock, almost real-time, intelligence about Russian operations.
David Common, writing for CBC News, makes the following points:
- German-based, E-3 aircraft being used.
- Surveillance range of at least 400 kilometers - also enables checking the enforcement of maritime sanctions on Russian products.
- Able to detect Russian warplanes, naval vessels, larger drones, missile paths and, in some circumstances, tanks.
- Officially, the information is only supplied to NATO nations, but some countries share the intelligence with Ukraine's Armed Forces.
- Able to detect Russian, Crimean-based fighter jets from take-off.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- RUSSIAN-UKRAINE CONFLICT—RAAF RUNWAY COLLECTION
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.
References from the Web:
- Article Source: CBC News - Latest Canada, World, Entertainment and Business News
- Media Check: CBC News-Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)