BLUFAs you advance in your career, you may not have the same day-to-day interactions with the frontline workers—this is where it becomes even more important to be a good listener.
This article by Art Markman, writing for Fast Company, makes the following points:
- Listening to feedback from your workers is crucial for strategic decision-making.
- Have regular conversations with the people responsible for the frontline details you need to know to stay up-to-date.
- By all means, share your opinions, but let other people talk and be sure to ask them follow-up questions.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- JUL 2021 The importance of listening as a leader in the digital era—BetterUp
- SEP 2022 In a Crisis, Great Leaders Prioritize Listening—HBR