BLUFAustralia is spending big on equipping its army and navy with new missile systems.
This article by Georgie Moore, writing for Australian Financial Review, makes the following points:
- For the Army, Australia is buying twenty High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) with a range of up to 300 kms.
- The new Naval Strike Missile system will provide a strike range of 500 kilometres.
- The Norwegian company, Kongsberg, will produce the Naval Strike Missile system, while Lockheed Martin will build the HIMARS.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- JUL 2022 Kongsberg to provide naval strike missile for Royal Australian Navy—Naval Technology
- JAN 2023 Australia inks naval strike missile deal with Kongsberg—NavalToday.com