BLUFFor the US Army to fight the way its Secretary wants it to—it must reach at least six important objectives in the next decade.
This article by Todd South, writing for Defense News, makes the following points:
- Secretary of the Army Christine Wormuth has painted a future fight scenario that sounds deadly—and even more complex—than the Ukraine conflict.
- Wormuth said the future would likely present complex, multi-access, combined arms fights.
- To succeed, the Secretary said the 2030 Army would need to see more, see further and be more persistent than its adversaries.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Reinventing the Leader Selection Process | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- The Army is struggling to get recruits, but refuses to lower its standards | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- OCT 2021 Post-Afghanistan, the US Army wants to carve out its role in the Pacific—Defense News
- FEB 2022 U.S. Army’s first climate plan calls to slash emissions and build electric vehicle fleet—CNBC
- SEP 2022 Wormuth: Here are the 6 areas the Army must be prepared for in 2030—Breaking Defense