BLUFIn its battle with Russia, Ukraine is successfully using Starlink—a system consisting of thousands of small satellites in low space orbit that can send and receive internet signals from the ground.
This article makes the following points:
- Starlink only requires a little in the way of ground infrastructure.
- Ukraine commanders can use Starlink to identify the location of invading Russian forces.
- Ukraine can also use Starlink to manage its drones in their attacks on Russian forces.
- To date, Russia has not found a way to disable Starlink communications.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- RUSSIAN-UKRAINE CONFLICT—RAAF RUNWAY COLLECTION
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.
References from the Web:
- How Starlink Works
- Dec 2022 Elon Musk's Starlink and the battle of satellite constellations (lemonde.fr)
- NOV 2022 Starlink in Australia: SpaceX's satellite internet explained | Reviews.org